5 Ways To Create Media Buzz For You + Your Business with Selena SooFeb 13, 2022
Download Selena's FREE 2022 Publicity Calendar here: https://www.impactingmillions.com/ellencalendar
This case study looks into how an Impacting Millions student leveraged the power of publicity to 7x her service rates, from charging $1,500 to now $10,000. This is not her arbitrarily raising her rates either, so make sure you tune into the full case study to hear the details.
Our guest here to talk about this case study is Selena Soo, founder of Impacting Millions - program teaching visionary entrepreneurs, experts, and authors how to build powerful and long lasting with influencers and the media in a thoughtful and authentic way. She’s helped clients and students get featured in places like O, The Oprah Magazine, Forbes, and Inc., and land interviews on popular podcasts and national TV. Many of Selena's clients have become industry leaders with 6 and 7-figure businesses, raving fan bases, and hundreds of thousands of followers.
Tune in to the full episode to hear Selenas client's complete media transformation, her top tips for interviews, and the best entry points for beginners in media!
Connect with Selena:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- How Selena's life coach helped her turn around things around after a quarter life crisis.
- “When people are struggling + suffering, they don’t just need more information, they are also looking for inspiration.”
- “The most inspiring thing in the world is someone who embodies a message of possibility.”
- How she started her business with connecting people.
- One of the best ways you can be of value is to be a connecter.
- People undervalue the impact that a single introduction can have.
- The case study of Melissa Houston - An Impacting Millions student who 7x-ed her rates through the power of PR
- “It’s hard to be what you cannot see.”
- Now Melissa has a column in Forbes who has interviewed incredible entrepreneurs like Rebecca Minkoff.
- How to start your first media conversation as an introvert.
- The 4 big lessons she learned from her first big interview.
- The best entry points for beginners in media.
- What is the greater power of media?
- Tips for how to stay present in people’s lives without it over-running your day.
⚡ LIGHTNING ROUND QUESTIONS⚡
- How many hours ahead of your flight do you get to the airport?
- What is the first thing you do when you wrap up work for the day?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Join our referral rewards program by signing up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan , and share your custom referral link with your biz besties to get them to sign up too!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients