End Your Year by Decluttering Your Professional Space
Dec 09, 2019
There's a saying that I like... "If it costs you your peace, it's too expensive."
When you're working online, especially as a service provider, you rub elbows with a lot of people.
There will be moments when you're scrolling through Instagram and you feel completely overwhelmed or insecure. They're not doing anything wrong, but seeing how successful other people are may make you feel like your own achievements aren't up to par.
You might have spent a few months taking advice or mentorship from an industry leader only to realize that you don't align with their ideas and wisdom. Their positioning and content are totally valid, but it doesn't work for you.
Or there might be a few clients who pay you enough money, but they're constantly expecting you to respond right away or do work that is outside of the scope of your contract. You might need the money but feel this anxiety in this pit of your stomach every time they reach out to you.
Before this year ends, declutter your professional space.
There are several things that you can do to lead you into the new year with a more refined space.
- Unfollow anyone that you no longer want to hold space for. You don't need a reason to hit the unfollow button other than because you want to. Because it feels right. You can always follow them again in the future if you want to reconnect. If they reach out and ask why you unfollowed them, you can be honest (but nice!) about it.
- Unsubscribe from newsletters and subscriptions that you're not reading or using. This will give you an idea of who you really enjoy following and whose vibe you feel aligned with. Remember, you can always resubscribe in the future.
- Reevaluate the services you offer, the clients you have, and how it affects your mental health and cash flow. If there is something you no longer want to offer, give yourself a deadline to phase it out of your business. If there are clients that don't light you up, talk to them and see if you could renegotiate the contract.
- Archive old blog posts that no longer fit your current brand. As your business grows and changes, there will be visions and beliefs you no longer hold on to. Go back through your old content and update or archive posts that no longer work for you.
- Move your office around. Do you need a plant for your desk? A file for physical papers? A paper planner because you don't like Asana or Trello? Your workspace in real life is just as important as your online workspace. See what you can remove or modify to keep it comfortable.
Want to bring in the new year with a fresh marketing perspective?
I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you to leverage this and use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies!
Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/class
Have you struggled to market without a huge audience? Leave a comment below!
You can also tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo with your response