Should You Invest in That Course/Program?
Oct 26, 2020
This conversation has been top of mind for me for a long time, and it feels like the right time to bring this up! I want to answer the question, “how do I know if this course or program is a good investment for me?”
I truly believe that the success of your business is dictated by the quality of the questions you ask, and the most common questions I get asked on a daily basis are:
- “How is your program different?”
- “How can you guarantee my success?”
- “Is it worth the cost?”
- “Should I invest in a coach?”
- “What program or course should I take next?”
These questions, while valid and asked with good intentions, keep us playing small in our businesses. My intention with this episode is to help you show up as better business leaders in your daily work, and show you a new perspective about making an investment in a program or course.
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode
- Thinking about ROI ONLY is playing small.
- We have 3 forms of currency in life: money, time, and energy.
- 1. Perspective:
- You CAN find all the information to grow your business for free, so you’re not actually buying information.
- Do you have the time and the energy to find the right solution that you could have been given on day one?
- Learn from someone who has achieved what you want to achieve in the WAY you want to achieve it.
- Is the person I’m learning from a practitioner of what they teach?
- Did they do it in a way that I would want to replicate?
- 2. Going through the sales process and observing:
- Learn from someone else’s sales funnel
- Observe your own behavior.
- At the end of the day, sales is psychology.
- 3. It’s all about the people.
- Your network is everything.
- If you do not value relationships as the greatest asset in your business, you have prioritized your business incorrectly.
- You don’t know your own learning style until you’ve had to learn from people with different teaching styles.
- Who are the new friends that I’ve created from this program?
- You become like the people you spend the most time with, so how can you get in the right rooms?
- The best way to catch someone’s attention is to invest in them first.
- Sales should be collaborative.
- Instead of asking “how is this different?” Prioritize what do you actually WANT out of a program or course?
- Are you putting someone else in charge of your success?
- Courses, programs, and coaches are meant to be GUIDES, NOT do the work for you.
- Rarely EVER is a group program or course going to be everything for you in terms of a solution.
- Think beyond the parameters and the obvious.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway? Comment below!
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now:ellenyin.com/getclients