From Broke Single Mom to 7 Figure CEO with the Queen of Social Media, Rachel Pedersen
Jan 27, 2020
This conversation is extra special because we’re chatting with my friend and one of my business mentors, Rachel Pedersen. Deemed the “Queen of Social Media”, Rachel is the founder & CEO of award-winning social media marketing agency, the Viral Touch, and creator of Social Media United, a leading online education platform for social media managers. Rachel gets transparent on bouncing back from a public business flop, embracing the role of being a breadwinning woman as a now married mother of three, why TikTok is the future of social media, and her story of going from struggling single mom to replacing her 9-5 income within 6 months of working with clients and scaling multiple businesses now to 7 figures and beyond.
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode
- If you don’t celebrate your first win, the next ones will be harder to come by because you won't know how to recognize them.
- Celebrate EVERY win, otherwise you continue to remind yourself that you’re not where you want to be, and you will never get to be where you want to be.
- There is no such thing as logic when you’re taking big risks.
- Always go with your gut when it comes to big decisions and risks.
- There’s no such thing as risk removal, but if you have trusted advisors, it will transform your risk taking.
- Trick your mind to believe fear and excitement are the same thing. That way, you will be able to do things you never thought possible.
- When you fail, you learn that life goes on afterward. No matter what it is.
- In a marriage or household, it’s a team effort to provide-not one person’s responsibility or the other.
- In a partnership, it’s important to focus on working as a TEAM rather than assuming someone else is responsible for something.
- The stories that other people project on you are based on THEIR own narratives and what they have been conditioned to believe, not you.
- It’s important to recognize value, especially in a partnership, outside of finances. Just being the breadwinner is not the only indicator of someone’s contribution to a household.
- Your business will only grow to the level that you do.
- You can hustle your way to a certain point, and then it’s time to work on personal breakthroughs because those personal breakthroughs are going to benefit you, your team, and your business as a whole.
- It’s not about being in the right room with the right people, it’s about asking the right questions in whatever room you’re in.
- A great way to change up your priorities is to assign a better resource to it: money, time, energy, etc.
- You don’t know what you don’t know, so it’s impossible to ask the right questions when you don’t know WHAT to ask.
- The difference between teachings from traditional marketers and more online-focused marketers
- It’s ultimately the same concepts, but from traditional marketing, it’s difficult to read & digest.
- Newer books FEEL good to read
- Tik Tok will be around longer than we think, but the earlier you get on the better.
- Build your audience FIRST and THEN monetize.
- Don’t assume that your social platforms will be around forever.
- Diversify yourself. Get people on your blog, podcast, etc. and control your own assets as much as possible.
- Always have a diversification plan so that your business still runs if a platform goes out.
- What does being a CEO mean?
- Casting vision & creating based on that vision
- Not being the most powerful person in the room
- Communication on your vision.
Connect With Rachel:
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Leave a comment below.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/class