Copy The $800 Podcast Launch Plan That Debuted Her Show At #29 On The Marketing ChartsAug 01, 2022
Want to try AG1 yourself and take ownership over your health this year? Athletic Greens will give you a FREE 1 year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5 FREE travel packs with your first purchase when you use our link: athleticgreens.com/CTC
Thanks to U.S. Bank for supporting our show! Visit https://www.usbank.com/financialiq/landing-page/business-boom.html.html?ecid=VI_45599 today for the tools you need to uplevel your business!
Get studio quality and HD video for your podcast by recording in Zencastr! Use our link zen.ai/cubicletoceo or type in the code 'CUBICLETOCEO' to save 30% off your first 3 months of any paid plan.
Sign up for a 30 day free trial (no credit card required) and lock in a 50% discount on your first year of Flodesk so you can send unlimited emails & get unlimited subscribers for only $19/month: ellenyin.com/flodesk or use the code "ELLEN".
Thinking about launching a podcast show? You’ll want to take notes on today’s case study. My friend Dana Snyder is joining me to walk us through her creative launch plan that debuted podcast, Missions to Movements, at the #29 spot on the marketing podcast charts - all on a scrappy $800 budget. Dana is the founder of Positive Equation, a company transforming nonprofits’ online donor experiences with innovative digital marketing solutions. Dana has worked with brands like American Idol, Sports Illustrated, and the Honest Company, as well as leading nonprofits like Movember, Dress for Success and more. I’m excited for some of you to meet Dana this month at our August 18th dinner & live panel in Oregon! If you’re local, head to ellenyin.com/lets-get-visible for event details and tickets.
By the way, I’m super bummed because I forgot to connect my microphone when we recorded this interview, so a heads up my sound may not be up to its usual standard. Thank you in advance for your understanding. The good news is, I recorded this in Zencastr so their software helps my built-in desktop mic still sound better than it should! This is your encouragement today that tech errors happen to everyone, so don’t let imperfect work stop you from making an impact.
Connect with Dana:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- How Dana left her corporate job and why.
- “Don’t feel like you have to be stuck in what you’re doing.”
- Dana launched her podcast, Missions to Movements, and landed at #29 on the marketing podcast charts.
- The purpose for adding a podcast into your business.
- “I know long form content drives that know, like, trust.”
- You do not need a massive audience to get sponsorships.
- “Podcasting is probably my favorite networking tool ever.”
- Dana's full marketing launch plan for her podcast for ~$800.
- Why using affiliate codes should be normalized as a positive thing.
- Branded shoot photos are actually business assets.
- Why podcasting is SO different than any other content platform.
- The quality of subscriber is > the # of downloads.
- Her first 30 day launch numbers.
- What factors matter most if you want to get on the podcast charts.
- “You don’t need to be on the charts all the time. That’s not the goal of why you start a podcast.”
- How she puts together her brand packages + determining the timing for each partnership.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?
- What is your hidden talent?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Join us for our live Panel August 18th in Independence Oregon! Get your ticket at ellenyin.com/lets-get-visible
- Use code 'DANA' for 2 free credits!
- Branded Photoshoot Video
What Did You Think?
Did you enjoy this episode or the insight shared? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo!
Sign Up For Our Text Reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review or rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday.