Behind The Business: Opening My Oregon Coworking Space 7 Months Ago On a $7,000 BudgetSep 05, 2022
Welcome to our brand new solo episode series: Behind the Business! In these episodes I will be giving you some insight on projects we are working on in real time - and a highly requested one so far has been to share how I launched my women’s coworking space here in Salem, Oregon at the beginning of 2022. This is my first venture into the world of commercial real estate, and it has been a wild ride these first 7 months, so let’s just dive into the episode!
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Women + POC small business owners! Apply for FREE marketing, media, and tech makeovers from Comcast RISE today: https://ellenyin.com/comcastrise
- Want to try AG1 yourself and take ownership over your health this year? Athletic Greens will give you a FREE 1 year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5 FREE travel packs with your first purchase when you use our link: athleticgreens.com/CTC
- Check out all the ways Basecamp can increase your business' productivity when you sign up for a free trial at www.basecamp.com/ctc!
- See the credit score your lenders see + find the complete data you need to make informed decisions when you use Extra Credit from Credit.com! Get your first 7 days FREE when you go to https://credit.com/ctc!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Why did I decide to create a woman’s coworking space?
- “There's so much power in putting into words what you want + visualize what you want because it can actually come true for you.”
- The power of community over competition.
- The timeline of how the Clubhouse came to be.
- What the lease terms of the space were.
- “The answer will always be ‘no’ unless you ask for something.”
- Why I needed to create a completely separate business for this coworking space.
- How I funded the beginning costs.
- What the launch looked like.
- How did you assess where in-person work was heading + mitigate risk during COVID?
- What is the most significant outcome for Cubicle to CEO that can directly correlate to the Clubhouse?
- How far back did this project really begin + how many people were involved in creating/opening the Clubhouse?
- Do you have a building manager?
What Did You Think?
Did you enjoy this episode or the insight shared? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo!
Sign Up For Our Text Reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review or rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday.
Want to hear all the ins and outs of what is happening in our business? Check out all our previous quarterly income reports at https://ellenyin.com/incomereport!