How to Write Scroll Stopping Copy That Actually Sounds Like YouAug 23, 2020
You know those insightful conversations that you refer back to again and again? This is one of them. Pull out your notes app or journal because there are SO many brilliant copywriting tips in this episode with Kira Hug, co-founder of the The Copywriter Club and co-host of The Copywriter Club Podcast. Kira leads a team of multiple copywriters in a micro-agency focused on personality-driven sales copy for course + membership launches.
We talk about how to authentically incorporate your voice and speech patterns into your writing so it actually sounds like you, non-verbal ways to enhance your copy, email subject titles that stop readers in their scroll, the difference between content writing and copy writing, and Kira also walks us through a powerful visual exercise to create your brand living room.
I don’t want to give too much away, but I promise this episode is worth its hype.
Connect With Kira
Check out Kira's Recommended Books
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode
- Everyone has a likeable side, but not everyone knows how to convey it in writing.
- Focus on the words that come out of our mouths that don’t sound as polished, and actually sound more like you.
- Copywriting comes from what is already there in how you talk and your voice.
- Think of an open post or email as white space to play with.
- You can use color and punctuation to make your copy unique visually.
- It’s important to understand what you feel is acceptable to share and what’s not.
- Make sure your vulnerability is tied to something so that you’re providing value.
- When writing copy is holding you back from doing other, more important aspects of your business, that’s the time to bring in a copywriter
- A copy writer is attached to the sale and a funnel (emails, sales ad copy, sales page copy, etc.).
- A content writer’s job is about building brand awareness, education, relationship building, and consistency.
- The element of surprise/pattern interrupt in a subject line is really important.
- Being a CEO means embracing uncertainty, conflict, and problem solving.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest "a-ha" moment from this episode about copy writing? We'd love to hear it. Leave a comment below!
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now:ellenyin.com/class