Why Your Page Design is Losing You Sales - Does “Pretty” Convert?Sep 08, 2020
This week, we’re talking about something way outside of my scope of knowledge, DESIGN. But specifically, how design impacts sales. Kathryn Jones is probably the most personable and energetic human you’ll have the pleasure of meeting, and she is the expert on a process called “Design Hacking.” Through her signature program, CF Design School, Kathryn helps thousands of students design aesthetically extraordinary funnels that are visually engineered to convert - all without coding, Photoshop, or any graphic design skills.
We talk about how heartbreak inspired her to start her business, the science of how to present your story visually in a way that converts, her personal journey from “no one knows my name” to sharing the stage with giants in the industry like Tony Robbins, and why when it comes to sales, good design does not always mean pretty.
Kathryn talks a mile a minute, which I personally love as someone who always listens to podcasts or voice texts on 2X or even 3X speed, so I hope you can keep up with this fast-paced, value packed conversation!
Connect with Kathryn:
- Join Kathryn's Facebook Community
- Get in on her FREE Design Hacking Training
- Connect online: DesignHacking.com and CFDesignSchool.com
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode
- People determine the credibility of your website in 0.05 seconds.
- 95 percent of what people judge is your design.
- You could have the best product or copy in the world, but if your design doesn’t keep people on the page, you’ve lost.
- Design is more of a science than you'd think.
- When you learn how to present a story in a way that converts, your story then becomes your customer’s story.
- Some of the “suckiest” things that happen to us, bring the most clarity to our lives.
- Art is subjective, but design is a science.
- A funnel is holding a customer’s hand throughout a sale.
- Good design does not mean “pretty," it means conversions.
- We have to design according to what the customer is expecting.
- Figure out what’s ALREADY working in:
- Your niche
- With your existing customers
- Who’s killing it and getting your ideal customers to do what you want them to do.
- You don’t have to reinvent the wheel, you just have to OBSERVE what is already working.
- One inch adjustments make massive differences in your business.
- We are always just a tiny tweak away.
- You beat a machine with a movement, and you start a movement through presenting stories that convert.
- Being a CEO means you know who you are and you act like it.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest "a-ha" moment from this interview? Share yours in the comments below!
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now:ellenyin.com/class