How You Can Get On A Best-Selling Book List As A Self-Published Author (Even If You Have A Small Audience)
Jun 14, 2021
Want to earn rewards for sharing a podcast you already listen to weekly? Join our Cubicle to CEO Referral Rewards Program to earn fun rewards like coffee on us, free access to our business resources, and even a spot to be featured on the show! Learn more about our program and sign up right now at ellenyin.com/superfan!
Today we are back with the second half of our author mini-series with guest Jessi Beyer! If being an author is a dream of yours, but you feel held back because the size of your audience doesn’t fit the mold of what’s required to land a book deal through a traditional publisher, Jessi is here to make the case for why self-publishing may be an even better route for you!
Jessi has been an avid writer since she could hold a pen, and landed herself a spot on 9 different bestseller lists within the first 72 hours of her book being released. Despite previously getting rejected by 100 literary agents, Jessi was determined to get her book into the hands who needed it most. She self-published, learned a bunch of tips and tricks that she now teaches in her Aspiring Authors Incubator, and ended up 10xing her business’ revenue within the first 6 months of her book launch!
If you’re an aspiring author with a small audience, you’ll want to write all of this down. Press play to hear Jessi’s proven strategy for landing your book on a bestsellers list, the reason she prefers self-publishing over traditional publishing, how to keep the momentum of book sales going long-term, and a brilliant hack for earning 4% extra on every copy of your book sold!
Connect with Jessi:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- What it was like to spend months contacting literary agents just to end up with 100+ rejections.
- How her self-published book ended up on 9 bestselling book lists within 72 hours of its release.
- How she was able to 10x her business revenue just 6 months after releasing her book.
- The biggest differences between traditional and self-publishing.
- What the standards for getting a book deal with a traditional publisher are.
- The platforms she recommends for self-publishing your book.
- All the elements you need before you submit your book to get published. (Hint: a book proposal isn't one of them)
- How to get your physical book on shelves in stores.
- Her step-by-step strategy launch strategy for getting your book on bestsellers lists.
- What she did to prep for her book's launch week.
- How to keep the momentum of book sales going for the long-term.
- A deep dive on how releasing a book will grow your business.
- How to get someone to join your email list when they buy your book through a 3rd party.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Leave a comment below.
Join our Referral Rewards Program!
Enter your phone number and email below to receive text notifications, and share your custom referral link with your friends. The more friends sign up from your link, the more reward you will receive! Learn more and check out what rewards you can win HERE!
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Join our referral rewards program by signing up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan , and share your custom referral link with your biz besties to get them to sign up too! Learn more here!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients