Heidi Zak Reveals How ThirdLove Acquired 1 Million Customers In 3 YearsDec 20, 2021
Real talk: Why were we never taught how to buy a properly fitting bra? I know I can’t be the only one who struggles with this. Generations of women have been playing a guessing game and settling for uncomfortable products & outdated practices in an industry that - until recently - catered more toward appealing to men than serving women.
This was the exact obstacle Heidi Zak, the co-founder and CEO of ThirdLove, had to overcome when she launched an innovative solution to normalize online bra shopping that skyrocketed ThirdLove to being the #1 digital bra brand among millennials.
Today, we’re dissecting the case study of how ThirdLove acquired 1 million paying customers in just 3 years and which customer acquisition channels they’re doubling down on in 2022.
Connect with Heidi:
- Use code TL-CUBICLETOCEO to redeem a free pair of underwear! Includes all underwear $28 or less, 1 use per customer No minimum purchase.
- Instagram: @thirdlove + @heidi
- Twitter: @thirdlove
- ThirdLove Facebook Page
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- How ThirdLove became the #1 digital bra brand among millennials.
- What’re the ThirdLove’s key differentiators.
- How Heidi went from being an investment banker working 80 hr weeks in NYC to the CEO of an industry disrupting bra company.
- How she rationalized leaving her awesome job at Google.
- “Not every decision in your career is permanent.”
- Get comfortable with the worst case scenario.
- The strategy Heidi used to get her first ThirdLove customers.
- You need to gain your customer's trust.
- The marketing landscape is changing just as quickly as the tech landscape.
- What they are doubling down on in terms of client acquisition.
- Get in front of other people’s audiences instead of just trying to build your own.
- Why you should focus on a signature product when starting your business.
- Some of the ways ThirdLove has reengaged their customers in creative ways and expanded the lifetime value of their customers?
- The growth strategies they've tried but failed.
- “The easier you can make it for your customer to jump from one thing to another, the faster it will take off.”
- What has surprised Heidi most about her customers.
⚡ LIGHTNING ROUND QUESTIONS⚡
- Who inspires you?
- What is your work at home uniform? Bra or no bra?
- Have you ever been told you have a look alike or celebrity doppelganger?
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Join our referral rewards program by signing up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan , and share your custom referral link with your biz besties to get them to sign up too!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients