How She Raised $13 Million As A Nonprofit CEOJul 05, 2021
If you’re a non-profit leader, today’s guest is one of the foremost thought leaders innovating how we give back and create change through nonprofits.
Blythe Hill is the Founder and CEO of the Dressember Foundation, an anti-human trafficking organization that has raised over $13 million dollars through their annual campaigns. Blythe and Dressember have been featured in Forbes, Cosmopolitan, on the TODAY Show, and she was even named one of InStyle’s 50 Badass Women of 2019.
Keep listening to hear the #1 strategy she used to grow Dressember from its initial winter style challenge to a global movement, how their organization keeps their donors engaged year-round, the biggest misconceptions the public has about human trafficking and how we can be better allies and advocates, and Blythe’s transparent breakdown of where money is allocated in nonprofit organizations.
Even if you’re not a non-profit CEO or founder, Blythe shares wisdom on leadership, networking, and community engagement every business can benefit from.
Connect with Blythe:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- The misconceptions that are widespread about human trafficking and why it's damaging to portray those narratives.
- How we can be better allies and advocates for victims.
- How her backstory lead her to creating the global movement through Dressember.
- The #1 thing that helped her expand her organization's reach.
- How their business model generated $13 million over the years.
- The ways she created relationships with their partners.
- How Dressember engage donors throughout the year.
- Why they chose dresses as their symbol and promote that #YouCanDoAnythingInADress.
- How the backend of a nonprofit breakdown looks from a budget perspective.
- Why the money breakdown discourages our greatest minds from pursuing a career in nonprofit work.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Leave a comment below.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Join our referral rewards program by signing up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan , and share your custom referral link with your biz besties to get them to sign up too!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients