Tyler J. McCall Stopped Working For 6 Months - Here’s What Happened To His Online BusinessJan 03, 2022
Happy New Year friends and welcome to the first episode of 2022! I could not think of a better guest to start this year off with than my friend, Tyler J. McCall. I really believe this episode is the most transparent and raw episode on this show so far. We touch on all the things in online business that often get swept under the rug, like burnout, feeling inadequate as a leader, and what it looks like when you step away from your online presence.
Tyler is the founder of onlinebusinessowner.com and host of the online business show podcast. Since 2015, he has helped entrepreneurs build thriving online businesses through his online programs, services, and events. In this episode, we are talking about how he was able to take an unplanned 6-month sabbatical from work because of the burnout he was experiencing. We will be looking at how this came to be, how his business was able to sustain itself without the CEO, and why it’s so important to have a business reserve.
Click To Listen On Your Favorite Platform
Connect with Tyler:
- IG: @tylerjmccall
- Twitter: @tylerjmccall
- Online Business Show Podcast
- More from Tyler about his time off on The Online Business Show Podcast:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Tyler's Cubicle to CEO exclusive story regarding his 6-month sabbatical
- How he went from working at nonprofits to starting his own business.
- It is okay to launch your business and evolve it over time.
- How his social media break turned into a 6-month hiatus from everything in his business.
- “If I don’t make a change, and if I don’t take this time away, then there will be nothing for any of us to come back to.”
- Why leaders are afraid to take breaks.
- What the life work of enneagram 3's look like.
- How he dealt with the guilt of taking a break while the rest of his team works.
- Why he let go of an employee + how he helped her make the transition.
- “In the grand scheme of things, we are running some of the teeniest tiniest businesses in the world.”
- Tyler realized so many of the things that he hated in his business were corporate tendencies that were unnecessary.
- How to determine if your business is financially sustainable enough to hire + why you shouldn't take it lightly.
- Why his business was financially able to afford Tyler's sabbatical + how he found out how long the money would last without him.
- Don't overshoot your budget when you're getting a lot of revenue.
- Set up reserves for your business and personal life.
- “The goal right now is not to figure out what’s next. The goal right now is to be okay with not knowing what’s next.”
- Why Tyler didn’t spend his rest time working on the future of his business.
⚡ LIGHTNING ROUND QUESTIONS⚡
- If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?
- What do you think you’ll be doing 20 years from now?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Join our referral rewards program by signing up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan , and share your custom referral link with your biz besties to get them to sign up too!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients