[LIVE RECORDING] How Hosting An In-Person Event Created Countless Brand Partnerships + Exploded Upper Left Ladies' Organic Reach By 300%
Nov 29, 2021
This week’s episode is the first of its kind on the Cubicle to CEO Podcast! We are bringing you our very first LIVE podcast recording from an event we had with Upper Left Ladies a couple weeks ago at the beautiful Vessel Society in Portland Oregon.
My friend Jyssica Yelas, co-founder of Upper Left Ladies, and I wanted to share our conversation about how her breakeven event led to a 300% increase in organic reach and countless brand partnerships! We see this episode as a case study within a case study since we recorded this in front of an audience, and were able to have them be part of the conversation as well. This event in and of itself was an opportunity to showcase the value of putting on live events beyond short-term profits by seeing all of the attendees expanding their networks and meeting other female entrepreneurs they can relate with.
- 42:55 - Where does Jyss see Upper Left Ladies in 5 year?
- 43:49 - Is there anything Jyss is excited to start in 2022?
- 44:48 - What's a partnership that stands out as a really good example or was surprising?
- 46:30 - Who is yours ideal Upper Left Ladies community member?
- 47:26 - How does Upper Left Ladies incorporate the woo into their business?
- 49:56 - How do Jyss and Ellen show up as leaders when tackling something they have never done before?
Connect with Jyss:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Jyss's Cubicle to CEO story.
- Why she got thrown into entrepreneurship.
- How she was able to keep expenses low for her first summit.
- "Start where you're at."
- How she found and acquired her 22 event sponsors.
- The timeline for team while creating this summit.
- What they would do differently when planning their next event.
- "Jump in with both feet."
- You need to just start because you don't know what you don't know until you do it.
- The biggest value of live events is the network of the people around you.
- Tips for what you can do to make the most of being a live event attendee.
- Those who invite conversation + listen more than they talk subconsciously become the most interesting people in the room.
- "Don't underestimate what literally one conversation can do to change your life."
- Advice for people who want to create their own live event / summit and show up as a host.
- Everything is going to feel hard when it's new, but that doesn't mean you're not capable.
- Why you should have a proof jar.
⚡ LIGHTNING ROUND QUESTIONS⚡
- What was your first job?
- If you could be a contestant on any game show, which would you choose?
- What is your favorite advice you've ever received?
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Join our Referral Rewards Program!
Enter your phone number and email below to receive text notifications, and share your custom referral link with your friends. The more friends sign up from your link, the more reward you will receive! Learn more and check out what rewards you can win HERE!
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Join our referral rewards program by signing up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan , and share your custom referral link with your biz besties to get them to sign up too!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients