Why Content Pillars Aren't Landing You Paying Clients [Make $10K Month Series Pt. 2]Mar 28, 2022
Want to scale your 1:1 service? Join me in my 12-month Cubicle to CEO mentorship program where I help you get clients and make your first $10K month, without needing a large audience or posting everyday! Watch my FREE 1-hour masterclass to see if it is a good fit for you at www.ellenyin.com/getclients today!
**Congratulations to our giveaway winner @christy.chadwick.healing!!**
In case you’re new to my world, I’m your podcast host Ellen Yin, and my company helps women like you make their first $10K revenue month from a 1:1 service without needing a large audience or posting everyday.
If that describes you, you are going to love this episode because I decided to start a series on the big things I have noticed that are keeping people from being able to reach that financial milestone of their first $10K month. In today’s episode, let’s talk about why your content isn’t landing you paying clients, or perhaps the right clients, and how you can rethink your content strategy moving forward. This is a hot topic I brought up on an Instagram post recently that got a lot of conversation going. I may have ruffled some feathers when I made a statement that content pillars is not a content strategy. This is one of the most taught content strategies out there, and I am going to share with you today why I don’t agree with that approach.
Connect with Ellen:
- Let us know what you think about this new series, and if you have any topic suggestions, at either of our Instagram accounts below!
- Listen to the kickoff episode in this series
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Content pillars are not inherently wrong, they’re just applied in the wrong context.
- Context is EVERYTHING
- “Take all advice, including mine, through the lens of context.”
- What are content pillars + why it doesn't make sense.
- At their core, content pillars center conversations on shared interest.
- What you want your content to do.
- What evergreen content is.
- “Your content is supposed to be designed to help people make a decision. Your content should NOT rely on instructing someone how to implement the solution.”
- Design your content to actually convert paying clients - not just freebie seekers.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients