Creating a 5 Hour Work Week While Growing From 3 to 27 Retainer Clients in 6 MonthsJun 06, 2022
Browse AppSumo, the #1 digital marketplace for entrepreneurs where exclusive lifetime deals for software, courses, templates + more are shared at STEEP discounts. Browse the latest lifetime deals + steals when you visit https://ellenyin.com/appsumo !
Interested in sponsoring this show or trying podcast ads for your business? Go to zen.ai/ellen and fill out the contact information so Zencastr can help you bring your business story to life.
Women + POC small business owners! Apply for FREE marketing, media, and tech makeovers from Comcast RISE today: https://ellenyin.com/comcastrise
This week’s guest is a business strategist and friend I absolutely adore. Hannah Murphy used to work 7 days a week as a pinterest + blog agency owner, fighting through the online noise of all the ways she should spend her time, only to find her to-do list was ever growing while her revenue stalled. Hannah realized creating a productive schedule wasn't about doing more tasks quickly, but rather doing the right tasks effectively, and less overall.
Today’s case study reveals how Hannah gradually reduced her work schedule to a 5 hour week while growing from 3 to 27 retainer clients in just 6 months. Listen in to see how you can also create a schedule that reflects your personality, priorities, and drives profit.
Connect with Hannah:
- Create your ideal work schedule with Hannah at withhannahandco.com/free
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Why visibility matters.
- What a retainer client is and why it's important to track your retainer price for planning your yearly income.
- Hannah's most effective methods for client acquisition.
- What the first things Hannah eliminated from her business when streamlining.
- “Cold pitching gets a bad wrap because so many people do it wrong.”
- Her go-to automation flow / system.
- “I used to think customization was the best way to give client experience, but what I found was automation (with little bits of customization) was the best because it means that the turnaround time for a client is streamed.”
- How McDonald’s is a great example of the efficiency of automation.
- Business is a tradeoff between money, time, and energy.
- How she minimized her work to 5 hours a week.
- “Hiring shouldn't be the only band-aid solution to time.”
- Hannah’s process of onboarding a team member.
- Why you cannot always be scaling in your business.
- How do you help people create better work schedules for people based on their personalities?
- What does productivity actually mean?
- “There’s no point doing a task quickly which shouldn’t be done at all.”
⚡ LIGHTNING ROUND QUESTIONS⚡
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- Who inspires you?
- Would you want to live forever?
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients