Why Being An Overnight Success Is A LieJun 28, 2020
Want to know how I made over $102,000 in a 6 month time span last year? Download my 6 Figures in 6 Months Income Report at the bottom of my homepage: ellenyin.com
If you’re familiar with my six figures in six months income report, today’s guest is the woman who inspired it. In early 2018, I discovered Elise Darma’s blog where she shared her income reports at the end of every month, detailing how much revenue she made in the business, where she spent her money, what her profit margins were, and how much she paid herself. I was inspired by her transparency and tired of the lack of accountability from industry gurus who made flashy claims about their earnings without revealing expenses or profits, so I decided to release my own monthly income reports from January through July of 2019.
We discussed both the benefits and drawbacks of sharing your personal finances with the Internet in depth in today’s episode. For those of you who are unfamiliar with her work, Elise is an Instagram Strategist and agency owner who has collectively grown Instagram accounts to over 250,000, brokered hundreds of deals between influencers and brands, and been featured in publications such as Forbes, Brit + Co, and Entrepreneur.
Listen in to hear why being an overnight success is a lie and what it’s like to be a digital nomad running a multi-six figure business, including her personal experience at the now infamous disaster, the Fyre Festival.
Connect With Elise
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode
- Ups and downs are NORMAL in business.
- Overnight success is a hoax. We all start from zero.
- Small offers will scale your business in a way that you may not expect. Link story vault.
- People are more likely to buy a smaller offer FIRST to develop trust, and THEN buy the bigger ticket item.
- Do you want to be an affordable product, or a luxury product?
- You don’t have to fit someone else’s mold to success.
- Bringing in team members helps with growth - exponentially.
- Develop a process to what you want to grow (youtube channel, Instagram, etc.).
- Keywords and consistency are your best friends with growth on Youtube.
- Being a CEO is being able to create your definition of freedom.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest "a ha," moment from this episode? Leave a comment below!
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now:ellenyin.com/class