Perfect Doesn’t Work: The Science of Attraction in SalesMar 01, 2021
Can't get enough Cubicle to CEO? Join our Facebook Group to get extra resources, insider info, and a network of amazing entrepreneurs to chat about all things business with! What are you waiting for? Join the Cubicle to CEO Community Facebook Group NOW!
What makes someone instantly appealing? Why do we trust or gravitate toward certain public personas or brands more than others? Today’s guest is an expert on the science of attraction and she is going to blow your mind on how you can use this powerful psychology to improve your customer experience and grow your business. Vicki Kunkel is a serial education entrepreneur who has built a 200,000 subscriber training portal that she sold to an international consultancy in 2010, and her book “Instant Appeal” made Houston Business Chronicle’s list of “one of the top 10 business books to read”!
Vicki walks us through everything from the primal factors that influence our unconscious mind and how we perceive brands to the most creative ways to add gamification to your online courses. She even scientifically breaks down why certain politicians have lost elections!
Trust me, you’ll want your notebook or Notes app nearby for this one. Keep listening to hear Vicki’s advice on subtle changes in phrasing that will hook in your audience, the top 3 recommendations you can implement in your business right now to increase your sales, and why the pursuit of being perfect will actually hurt your business.
Connect with Vicki:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode
- The main primal factors that influence what we like and dislike.
- How marketing messages change in times of stress vs times of prosperity.
- How the Scrabble board game became a household name after initially flopping when it launched.
- The subtle changes in phrasing that make all the difference for the better in your messaging.
- Why gamification is so effective in training (especially with courses).
- The top mistakes course creator newbies make.
- Why it is better to be a bumbling idiot.
- 7-17 syllables is the optimum amount to trigger a positive neurological reaction.
- The top 3 recommendations that everyone can implement immediately to improve their marketing and increase their sales.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Leave a comment below.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients