Why This Nonprofit CEO Believes in Mentorship (and How She Got Barbie & Barack Obama’s Support Too)Mar 08, 2021
Answer this week's Question of the Week in our Cubicle to CEO Community Facebook Group NOW for a chance to win a $10 Starbucks gift card!
I’m so excited to kick-off two back to back episodes on our podcast on the topic of mentorship. For our first conversation, I want to introduce you to today’s special guest, Delores Morton. Delores is the CEO of Step Up, one of my favorite non-profit organizations offering mentorship programs to high school girls to reach their full potential and become the next generation of womxn leaders.
With 20 years as an accomplished nonprofit executive designing and leading creative enterprises, Delores has worked with iconic brands like Americorps, L’Oreal, Disney, and Barbie, to create lasting change through philanthropic partnerships. Not to mention, she has been honored as a Champion for Change by President Obama for her work. No big deal, right?
Whether you’re a non-profit leader or a business owner with an impact-driven mission, keep listening to hear Delores share what the data says about why mentorship matters at all stages in your career, how you can attract corporate sponsors, celebrities and build innovative brand partnerships to support your cause, and how to grow a loyal base of donors and members.
Connect with Delores:
- Step Up's Upcoming Events
- Step Up Women's Network Facebook Page
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode
- How Delores came to be in her role in Step Up.
- What Step Up is and what it does in the communities it is a part of.
- 55% of teens who have a mentor are more likely to enroll in college.
- Everyone can have a mentor, no matter your age or position in life.
- The wonderful ways COVID has changed Step Up.
- What are 'experienceships' and how they impact the girls in the organization.
- Your network is your most important asset.
- How businesses can benefit from having brand partnerships with nonprofits.
- Brand partnerships aren't transactional, they're reciprical and relational.
- Delores' favorite and most creative brand integration.
- How to build and scale a loyal donor base.
- The sustainability of a membership model.
- What it was like for her to be honored by President Barack Obama as a Champion for Change.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Leave a comment below.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients