How To Rebuild Business Momentum When You’re In A "Season of Suck” - With Brittany Driscoll, Co-founder of SqueezeMar 06, 2022
Today’s case study looks at how to rebuild momentum in your business when unexpected circumstances force you to change plans. Brittany Driscoll is the CEO of Squeeze, a fast-growing franchise company that offers a way better massage experience she co-founded with Alli Webb, founder of Drybar. Previous to Squeeze, Brittany spent four years running the marketing at Drybar and helped scale the company from $30M to more than $100M. In addition to Squeeze, she also leads The Feel Good Company, a service agency set out to transform the way people experience retail by building and scaling a collective of female-founded wellness brands dedicated to bettering the mind, body, and soul for good. You can catch her as a co-host with Alli Webb and Lori Harder on the Girlfriends & Business podcast.
Connect with Brittany:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- How Brittany's career went from doing marketing for Fortune 500 companies to being the CEO and co-founder of Squeeze.
- What an 'intrapreneur' is and why you might actually identify with being one.
- What Squeeze is and what makes them different from every other massage parlor.
- “Your strongest marketing channel needs to be word of mouth.”
- What a net promoter score is and why it is HUGE that Squeeze's is an 82%.
- How can you create frictionless experiences in your business?
- “Perseverance + tenacity, I believe, are the two strongest attributes that an entrepreneur + a leader can have to drive things forward.”
- It doesn't matter how much experience you have, how much education you've gotten, or anything else. You success depends on how much you believe in what you're doing.
- “A happy employee makes a happy guest, makes a happy owner, and the world goes round.”
- Why Brittany took an inside out approach when the pandemic hit.
- How Squeeze uses a franchise business model.
- Opened squeeze in 2019 + was open for 11 months before COVID (closed an entire year).
- “It is so hard to rebuild momentum… and that is exactly what we had to do.”
- “If you want to build in operations + HR heavy business, open corporate doors. If you want to build a sales + marketing business, sell franchises.”
- Advice to look for when deciding if franchising is a good decision.
- You should always be creating a brand where employees are valued for what they do, but also who they are.
⚡ LIGHTNING ROUND QUESTIONS⚡
- What was the best vacation you ever took + why?
- What is your cell phone screensaver right now?
- Would you rather: have your dishes or clothes automatically be cleaned?
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients