Are You Multi-Passionate? Actor Julia Campbell Karnes Shares How To Start A New Career At Any AgeAug 29, 2022
Want to grow an engaged email list fast and launch your offer with more ease and sales? Sign up for Linda Sidhu's FREE 'Nail Your Quiz Idea' Challenge - September 6th-8th! Register right now at www.ellenyin.com/nailyourquizidea
See the credit score your lenders see + find the complete data you need to make informed decisions when you use Extra Credit from Credit.com! Get your first 7 days FREE when you go to https://credit.com/ctc !
Want to try AG1 yourself and take ownership over your health this year? Athletic Greens will give you a FREE 1 year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5 FREE travel packs with your first purchase when you use our link: athleticgreens.com/CTC
Check out all the ways Basecamp can increase your business' productivity when you sign up for a free trial at www.basecamp.com/ctc !
Today’s guest is one of my favorite people - and biggest cheerleaders of our community - actor Julia Campbell Karnes. I first met Julia through her sister, Marty Fulford - my real estate agent and also friend. 2022 happens to be my 10 year high school reunion AND the 25th anniversary of comedy classic “Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion”, so I thought, what better way to celebrate both occasions than inviting Julia - who plays mean girl Christie Masters opposite Lisa Kudrow & Mira Sorvino’s titular characters - over to our coworking space in Oregon for a movie night and live podcast interview?
In this episode, we take a departure from our usual revenue driven, case study format, but you’ll still gain so much value from her interview. Julia candidly shares her unconventional path to landing roles on dozens of TV’s most beloved shows and how she pursues multiple passions simultaneously as the lead marketing role in her family’s business as well. We get vulnerable about the unique challenges women face in both real business and show business - like ageism and sexism - and why it’s never too late to start a new career path or interest.
You’re going to love Julia as much as I do by the end of this episode. Enjoy this live recording with audience Q&As at the end!
Connect with Julia:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Julia’s childhood as a dancer + how it evolved into her career now.
- What was it like to play a character who is so opposite her personal life?
- Advice for people who want to get out of their comfort zone + channel an alter ego to show up.
- “When you’re nervous, you’re going to fall back on that which you have rehearsed.”
- What is a secret she had learned from such successful actors that would surprise us?
- Advice for people pursuing something that feels “unrealistic”.
- Business is about staying alive long enough to get lucky.
- Why shouldn’t age be a factor in starting new ventures?
- “How can I make this decision a no brainer for you?”
- How do you think your work in acting best relates to your work in marketing?
- How has she shown up consistently despite not getting a role + dealing with rejection?
- Does she see similarities working in the 2 different male dominated industries? (Acting + business)
- What project in your career do you feel was the most underrated?
- What is one thing that you are super passionate about that you haven’t pursued as a career yet?
- If there was a movie made about your life, who would you want to play you?
What Did You Think?
Did you enjoy this episode or the insight shared? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo!
Sign Up For Our Text Reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review or rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday.
Want to hear all the ins and outs of what is happening in our business? Check out all our previous quarterly income reports at https://ellenyin.com/incomereport !