Make $10K Months Series: Stop Selling Your Service Like It’s A CommodityFeb 27, 2022
Want to scale your 1:1 service? Join me in my 12-month Cubicle to CEO mentorship program where I help you get clients and make your first $10K month, without needing a large audience or posting everyday! Watch my FREE 1-hour masterclass to see if it is a good fit for you at www.ellenyin.com/getclients today!
Listen on Spotify
In case you’re new to my world, I’m your podcast host Ellen Yin, and my company helps women like you make their first $10K revenue month from a 1:1 service without needing a large audience or posting everyday.
If that describes you, you are going to love this episode because I decided to start a series on the big things I have noticed that are keeping people from being able to reach that financial milestone of their first $10K month. We are going to explore a different topic in each episode of the series, but with this kickoff episode we are going to focus specifically on why your service is being sold like a commodity, and how that is impacting your ability to land the right clients for your service. So if you’re hearing a lot of no’s, you're getting a lot of people price shopping you and passing on your services for another service provider’s, then this episode is for YOU! Let’s get into it.
Connect with Ellen:
- Let us know what you think about this new series, and if you have any topic suggestions, at either of our Instagram accounts below!
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- What a commodity is and why your messaging is positioning you as one.
- Why you are getting price shopped and ghosted by potential clients.
- The reasons you should stop using the process of your work as the selling features.
- “How am I going to sell the possibility instead of the process?”
- You should be selling the results and possibility of what your work can achieve.
- Possibility does not equal promise.
- If you can clearly communicate what your work is capable of based on previous experience/clients, that is the goal.
- Sell the destination, not the vehicle.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients