Real Talk With Rachel Hollis: The Full Scoop Behind Her First #1 New York Times BestsellerAug 22, 2022
Want to grow an engaged email list fast and launch your offer with more ease and sales? Sign up for Linda Sidhu's FREE 'Nail Your Quiz Idea' Challenge - September 6th-8th! Register right now at www.ellenyin.com/nailyourquizidea
Want to try AG1 yourself and take ownership over your health this year? Athletic Greens will give you a FREE 1 year supply of immune-supporting Vitamin D AND 5 FREE travel packs with your first purchase when you use our link: athleticgreens.com/CTC
Check out all the ways Basecamp can increase your business' productivity when you sign up for a free trial at www.basecamp.com/ctc !
Today’s guest needs no intro - Rachel Hollis is a three-time New York Times bestselling author with over 100 million podcast downloads. This Austin mom of 4 is also the founder of RISE Conferences, the #1 personal development conference focused entirely on women. When Rachel texted me to ask if I wanted to do an episode together, it was an easy yes, but I wanted to be really intentional about using this opportunity to deep dive into a specific, actionable business strategy that she hasn’t shared before. That’s how we landed on this week’s case study: the untold story of how Rachel made the New York Times bestsellers list the first time, as a previously self-published and still mostly unknown author then. Whether you’re an aspiring author or not, each of you listening has an important message, mission, or offer to get out into the world, and Rachel’s experience over the last decade plus can help you reach more people with it. If you enjoy our conversation today and want more authentic, untold stories, join Rachel on tour this fall at rachtalklivetour.com - we’ll drop the link below in the show notes. Let’s dive in.
Connect with Rachel:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Rachel release 5 books before she ever released her first big launch 'Girl, Wash Your Face'.
- “I just really believe that if you keep creating good content, + you keep taking care of your audience, you will find success!”
- Rachel’s example of not taking ‘no’ as an answer + making it happen.
- The experts aren't always right.
- You can build your own stage.
- The full timeline from when she started her blog in 2008, to achieving her first big success in 2018, to know.
- “When we begin to take steps, even if we’re unsure, the universe rises up to meet us.”
- The peaks of Rachel's business + visibility were when she was speaking in her most authentic voice.
- There's a lot of ways you can pay your bills, so you need to be in love with the process.
- “You do what you have to do until you can do what you wanna do.”
- CEOs and enneagram 3's don’t take the time to celebrate their successes.
- The difference between her first book launch vs ‘Girl, Wash Your Face’.
- The way to get on NYT Bestseller list as an unknown author is to have a lot of pre-orders.
- “If you take care of your community, they take care of you.”
- Rachel's strategy for getting lots of preorders.
- Think of how you can serve your customers/community in a bigger way.
- What marketing medium made the biggest difference in marketing the pre-order offer?
- An exclusive chat about Rachel's upcoming show tour.
- What is your most used emoji?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done, + why did you do it?
- If you could trade lives with anyone for a day, who would it be + why?
What Did You Think?
Did you enjoy this episode or the insight shared? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo!
Sign Up For Our Text Reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review or rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday.
Want to hear all the ins and outs of what is happening in our business? Check out all our previous quarterly income reports at https://ellenyin.com/incomereport !