[$10K MONTH CASE STUDY] How This Stay-At-Home Mom Built Her Business (& Employs Other Moms)Feb 06, 2022
In today’s case study, we explore how a stay-at-home mom was able to build a business that makes $10K a month and employs other moms and primary caregivers. Kara Hoholik is the founder of Social For Good Co., a social impact marketing agency that helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and nonprofits amplify their message through compelling content and building a community around their work.
Before joining our 12 month Cubicle to CEO mentorship program, Kara used to charge between $200-$500 for her services, and would even lose money working with some of her clients. Now her services start at $2,000 monthly retainers, and her work has been featured on The List TV, Ticker News, and the New York Times.
Listen to this episode to hear how you can apply the same intentionality Kara has mastered to uplevel the clientele you’re attracting and your pricing!
Connect with Kara:
- IG: @socialforgood.co
- Facebook Page: Social For Good Co.
- Pinterest: Social for Good Co.
- LinkedIn: Kara Hoholik
- Twitter: @kmhoho
- Tik Tok: @socialforgood.co
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Why the online industry can make you feel like you are behind in the race.
- The meaning behind the Social For Good Co. name.
- “In reality we all have so much impact that we just don’t realize.”
- Kara’s $10K month breakdown.
- “Are we saying that we are going to do x, y, + z, but we’re actually doing the whole alphabet.”
- Why she hired an accountant to help her re-evaluate her business finances and service pricing.
- All the changes she made in her business that allowed her get to her first $10K month.
- Why her team is composed of all moms and primary caregiver (+ how she pays them great wages)!
- The importance of looking at the labor/price breakdown when setting your service prices.
- Think about how much it would cost to replace you.
- What was her main motivator for joining Cubicle to CEO + why did she decide that was the time to do it?
- Kara's two S's for overcoming roadblocks on her way to $10K months.
- “We can create the world that we want to see.”
⚡ LIGHTNING ROUND QUESTIONS⚡
- What color is your toothbrush?
- If you could travel back in time, what period would you visit?
- What is your greatest strength?
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo.
Sign up for our text reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Join our referral rewards program by signing up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan , and share your custom referral link with your biz besties to get them to sign up too!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients