Upsell Your Clients - Increasing A Monthly Retainer From $1,500 to $15,000Jun 27, 2022
Get studio quality and HD video for your podcast by recording in Zencastr! Use our link zen.ai/cubicletoceo or type in the code 'CUBICLETOCEO' to save 30% off your first 3 months of any paid plan.
It's always easier (and usually more profitable) to upsell an existing client than to acquire a new one. Yet, most marketing strategies focus on how to get new clients, rather than nurturing relationships with your existing clients. Today's case study shows how coach Tiffany Coyle, founder of Virtual Career Girl and CEO of digital marketing agency, Twinning Pros, gradually upsold a client who started out paying $15,00 a month for social media marketing services to a $15,000 monthly retainer over a 2 year period. What if you could also 10x the rate your best client is paying you period. What if you could also 10x the rate your best client is paying you right now instead of seeking a new client? Keep listening to see how you can apply this underrated approach to your business.
Connect with Tiffany:
- Connect with Tiffany on LinkedIn
- Let Tiffany and her twin help you with your marketing: https://twinningpros.com/marketing-done-with-you
- Interested in the Social Media Marketing position Tiffany is hiring for? Email [email protected] for more information!
- Listen to the episodes mentioned in this conversation:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- How she made a business out of remote working.
- Who she helps with Virtual Career Girl
- The glamorization of entrepreneurship and the truth behind it.
- Why nurturing your existing clients is such an undervalued revenue growth strategy.
- "If you invest in them, they'll invest in you right back."
- You can think big but start small!
- How to approach a client for an upsell.
- Sharing areas for improvement + opportunities for growth outside of your scope shows you care about your client holistically.
- What a $15K service retainer month looks like.
- How to not let clients scope creep and set boundaries with them.
- Creative ways to foster relationships and create open communication with clients.
- What is the best show / book you've recently binged?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Are you superstitious?
What Did You Think?
Did you enjoy this episode or the insight Tiffany shared? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo!
Sign Up For Our Text Reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
Are we not email friends yet? Make sure you download my income report at ellenyin.com for my "6 figures in 6 months" case study for a transparent look at how I made $102,721.44 in a 6 month time span in 2019!
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review or rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday.
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients