Trouble Niching Down? How To Serve Two Audiences, But Only Market To One ($10K Month Case Study with 100 Followers)Jul 18, 2022
Imagine being able to write high quality blog posts, social media captions, emails, ads, and sales copy with just ONE click. Sounds kind of like magic, but it’s actually possible with WordHero, an AI writing assistant that does all the heavy lifting for you! WordHero offers an entire suite of 50+ writing tools to create human-like content, in one click. AppSumo, my favorite digital marketplace for entrepreneurs, is offering an insane lifetime deal for unlimited copy on WordHero right now for only $89 - that’s literally $2,000 off the normal retail price of WordHero if you purchased a regular license on their website. Get WordHero at a hugely discounted rate before this lifetime deal expires at: https://ellenyin.com/appsumo
Get studio quality and HD video for your podcast by recording in Zencastr! Use our link zen.ai/cubicletoceo or type in the code 'CUBICLETOCEO' to save 30% off your first 3 months of any paid plan.
Sign up for a 30 day free trial (no credit card required) and lock in a 50% discount on your first year of Flodesk so you can send unlimited emails & get unlimited subscribers for only $19/month: ellenyin.com/flodesk or use the code "ELLEN".
After 3 years, I’ve decided to permanently close the enrollment doors to my 12 month group mentorship program - Cubicle to CEO - (just the program, not the brand - don’t worry) on August 5th. Through this program, we’ve helped hundreds of service providers, coaches, and freelancers work with their dream clients and make their first $10,000 income month. That’s why we’re taking this final month to celebrate a few of our Cubicle to CEO students who recently reached that big milestone, including today’s guest, Victoria McCausland.
Victoria shares with us her incredible story of loss and how she channeled her own grieving experience into completing her PhD in Communication Studies and a life-changing service connecting military and first responder families who are grieving a loved one with non-profits who provide much-needed trauma support to these deserving communities.
In today’s case study, Victoria shares how she struggled to niche down when she first joined our program, knowing she was meant to serve two distinct audiences but unsure how to get her offer in front of the right people - especially with no online audience of her own. If you’re in the same boat, you’ll be encouraged by how Victoria navigated this dilemma to successfully serve both audiences, while only marketing to one, scaling to $10K months and beyond with only 100 followers.
Connect with Victoria:
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- How Victoria's loss fueled her career journey.
- If you think big with your vision for the future, you can implement it into the foundations of your day to day tasks.
- “I knew that I had to figure out a way to get to those organizations so that I could serve the people that my heart bled for.”
- If you feel like you serve 2 audiences, think about who the decision maker is.
- Why Victoria's course "flopped" and how she went about finding registrants.
- You need to figure out where the sales leak is! Hear more on this in episode 139.
- Her purpose right now isn’t to build a community, so she used other communities to get her ideal audience the resources they need.
- Her $10K month breakdown.
- You don't need to choose between income and impact!
- Why the world’s brightest minds are drawn away from nonprofit work.
- “I challenge all of them to ask themselves ‘are you really serving ALL of your communities?’ because if you’re not, then are you really fulfilling your mission?”
- What is one thing that surprises most people about you?
- When are you most productive?
- What is one thing on your bucket list?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Paid to Create Challenge
- What Is Borrowed Traffic? Episode
- 3 Metrics You Need To Track Episode
- Blythe Hill's Episode
What Did You Think?
Did you enjoy this episode or the insight shared? Let us know on Instagram @cubicletoceo!
Sign Up For Our Text Reminders!
Sign up for texts every Monday where you'll get our favorite highlight from each week's new podcast episode! Don't miss out on this direct access to episode tips, quotes, + case studies that will start your week off strong.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Sign up for our text notifications at ellenyin.com/superfan so you can be the first to know when a new case study has dropped!
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review or rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday.
Service providers, coaches & consultants: Discover 10 Simple Strategy Shifts To Unlock Your First $10K Month! Sign up for our FREE, live class on July 28th: ellenyin.com/live