The Reality of Making $250,654 In 90 Days And My First Six Figure Month (Q1 2021 Income Report)Apr 26, 2021
Hey bookworm! Want to find a list of books written BY female entrepreneurs FOR female entrepreneurs? Check out the 12 Books Every Female Founder/Entrepreneur/CEO Should Read, curated by Suzanne Vetillart (CEO of Boma Jewelry) and I!
We are back at it again, friends! I can’t believe we are on our third year of talking about how much money we make and sharing it with the world. You guys have made it known how the transparency of our numbers, and our willingness to talk about this typically ‘taboo’ topic, has been beneficial for you guys to hear. So as long as you guys are loving it, I plan to keep sharing all of it with you!
A lot has happened in this last quarter and I think hearing all of the highs and lows of my business in the past 90 days will show you the actions you need to take sometimes as an entrepreneur with a growth mindset! It can be difficult to have to consciously make decisions knowing you won’t see the same growth that you’re used to seeing. But when it comes to revitalizing the backend health of your business, those are the moves you have to make in order to create a business that will be sustainable and scalable for years to come.
Stick around to hear how my role as CEO has changed, why we had to reevaluate our Facebook ad strategy, and how I had my highest revenue generating and lowest profit generating numbers come from the same month. Let’s dive on into this, shall we?
Enjoy these income reports & want to catch up on previous ones? Check them out below!
- Q1 Business Review & Income Report
- How I made $120,458.70 In 3 Months (Q2 2020 Income Report)
- How I Made $209,264 in 90 Days (Q3 2020 Income Report)
- How I Made $560,348 in 2020 (Q4 Income Report)
- Read my Six Figures in Six Months Case Study
Favorite Takeaways From This Episode:
- Why I had to re-evaluate our Facebook Ad strategy.
- The changes made to the team and why we made them.
- Why we needed to voluntarily take a revenue hit in March.
- The reasons why I am taking myself out of the 'doing' role and focusing on being in the 'design' / 'leadership' role.
- My biggest takeaways from Amy Porterfield's speech during my mastermind retreat.
- How we were able to integrate brand partnerships into our business as a new revenue stream.
- The truth behind my first 6-figure month (and how it ended up being one of my lowest profit months to date).
- Why it is SO important for women to talk about money.
- The importance of designing your business' financial plan around your goals.
What Did You Think?
What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? Leave a comment below.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please:
- Post a screenshot & key takeaway on your IG story and tag me @missellenyin & @cubicletoceo so I can repost you.
- Leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe for new episodes every Monday
Service-based entrepreneurs, are you tired of being on the content hamster wheel + hustling for more followers without more income? I created a FREE, on-demand training just for you on how to use my step-by-step client attraction system to create your first $10K month, WITHOUT a large audience or complicated marketing strategies! Claim your bonus gift by watching now: ellenyin.com/getclients